We are very proud of our products and firmly believe in the quality and craftsmanship that goes into every product we manufacture.
We’re delighted to back up our beliefs with some unprecedented guarantees and warranties, details of which you can find below.
£2000 Cylinder Security Guarantee.
The ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinder featured on your new door, meets the requirements of the British Kitemark, TS007 3* and Sold Secure Diamond testing criteria and also holds Secured by Design accreditation -the Police Crime Preventions Initiative.
The ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinder lock has been specifically designed to combat against all known methods of attack on a euro cylinder. ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinders have built in ‘Active Cam’ technology with an advanced internal locking system that will prevent access into the inner workings of the doorbolt if it has been snapped on the outside.
The ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinder lock will remain secure after forced entry snapping attacks and in most cases will still be operable with the key from the inside.
Given that we offer this unprecedented level of security on ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinders we have confidence to state, that in the unfortunate event that a burglar was able to gain access to your property by snapping the ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinder then Avocet will pay £2000 in compensation to the homeowner.
The £2000 Security Guarantee applies provided that all of the following conditions are met:
1. Doors covered by the guarantee are deadlocked using genuine keys provided and the keys are not left in the cylinder.
2. In the case of ABS Master and ABS Ultimate, the guarantee form has been filled in and completed on line and received within 28 days of the installation and not less than 1 month prior to any claim being made.
3. The cylinders are handed, so the external face and internal faces must be in the correct position.
4. The products must have been fitted by an approved door fabricator or installer.
5. The ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinder lock has been maintained correctly with graphite powder as a dry lubricant at 12 month intervals from the date of installation. Do not use WD40 or 3-in-1 oil. You can purchase approved ABS lubricant by clicking here.
6. Any claims must be made in writing within 28 days of the break-in providing details of the incident and MUST include the crime reference number provided by the Police Authority the crime was reported to. An Avocet Technical Representative will conduct a brief but detailed investigation within 28 days of the reported break-in. The ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinder lock MUST be returned to Avocet for inspection with photographic evidence of the lock snapped within the door. If the report confirms that the ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinder lock failed due to a forced entry through the door the ABS Master/ABS Ultimate cylinder was fitted in, the claim will be processed within 28 days of the inspection.
7. Only one claim per installation is permissible within the 10 year guarantee period which commences at the registered installation date. Guarantee is valid for UK mainland and Ireland installations and applies to domestic homeowners properties only.
8. To validate the guarantee please complete the online registration form
Oops! We could not locate your form.or return by post to the following address; Avocet Hardware Group Ltd, Brookfoot Mills,
Elland Road, Brighouse, HD62RW
Hardware Mechanical Warranty
SERVICE LEVEL COMMITMENT
This statement has been formulated to demonstrate the Avocet Hardware Group Ltd Service Level Commitment to our customers. Our aim is to provide a comprehensive range of product guarantees supported by our unique Continuity of Supply guarantee. It is the stated objective of Avocet Hardware Group Ltd to ensure complete ex-stock availability of all products backed by standard or express carriage service tailored to Customer requirements. The Service Level Commitment does not confer any rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claims for any other direct or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused. The Service Level Commitment herein is subject to the respective Customer account(s) with Avocet Hardware Group Ltd being within the prescribed credit limit and agreed payment terms.
All Avocet Hardware Group Ltd parts are covered by 10 year conditional mechanical warranty, starting from the date of purchase from Avocet Hardware Group Ltd. ‘Phocas’ friction stays have a lifetime conditional mechanical warranty, starting from the date of purchase from Avocet Hardware Group Ltd. (Please refer to data sheets for specific details.)
HARDWARE FINISHES WARRANTY
Surface finishes are covered by a conditional warranty, in their installed condition. Due to variations in installed circumstances, corrosion ratings are provided on individual product data sheets. These ratings are given relative to a standard controlled, corrosive environment (Neutral Salt Spray). The ratings provided are intended to cover main surfaces for a minimum of 5 years in a normal installation. (Please refer to relevant data sheet for specific details.) *(i) The presence of additional aggressive contaminants, (e.g. industrial pollutants, cleaning chemicals etc. ), proximity to salt laden atmosphere, and/or incorrect maintenance, can significantly reduce the corrosion resistance performance of the product. In the event of a coating4 failure of the product within the 5 year warranty period, Avocet Hardware Group Ltd will provide a free replacement or will refund the original price paid for the product. It is a condition of this warranty that the product is correctly installed and is not subjected to adverse environmental conditions from thereon. Installations in coastal and other high risk areas are not covered by this warranty. In such areas, the stainless steel alternative should be used, for which the same 5 year corrosion warranty applies. This warranty does not confer any rights other than those expressly set out above and does not cover any claims for any other direct or consequential loss or damage, howsoever caused.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
GOLD FINISH & BRASSWARE CARE AND MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
These instructions should be carefully read by the purchaser. Gold Finish & solid brass door furniture should be installed and maintained in accordance with the Care and Maintenance instructions as follows:-
Fitting: During fitting, particularly when tightening screws, avoid overtightening or contact with the product surface by sharp objects as this could damage the protective coating, affecting the appearance and durability of the product.
Maintenance: The superior polishing and coating of the product eliminates the need for regular polishing or cleaning. When cleaning do not use abrasive products or solvents such as metal polish, scouring pads, acetone etc. Use a soft duster or damp chamois leather to remove dust and surface dirt. In outdoor applications the only additional maintenance required is the application of a wax polish with a soft duster at 3 to 4 monthly intervals.
CONDITIONS APPLYING TO AVOCET HARDWARE GROUP LTD GUARANTEES
- a) The customer must supply proof of the date of purchase of the products concerned.
- b) The guarantee will not apply to any product which has been incorrectly fitted.
- c) The guarantee will not apply to products which have been misused, abused or subjected to forces and stresses which are beyond those which are usual for the normal operation of the product.
- d) The guarantee will not apply in instances where the Avocet Hardware Group Ltd care and maintenance instructions have not been adhered to.
- e) Avocet Hardware Group Ltd is responsible for the replacement of defective products only. Claims for any other direct or consequential loss or damage will not be accepted, howsoever caused.
- f) Avocet Hardware Group Ltd reserves the right to refund the original price of the product or provide a free direct replacement product.
- g) Avocet Hardware Group Ltd will not accept responsibility for claimed defective parts where Avocet Hardware Group Ltd has not been provided with the opportunity to inspect the product concerned on site. Avocet Hardware Group Ltd has made every effort to ensure that the information contained in this document is correct at the time of publication, but cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions, and reserves the right to change designs, specifications and products at any time without prior notice. This document shall not, by way of trade or otherwise, be lent, sold or hired out, copied or otherwise circulated without the prior written consent of Avocet Hardware Group Ltd in any form of binding or cover other than that in which it is published and without a similar condition including this condition being imposed upon a subsequent recipient.
- h) Avocet Hardware Group Ltd will not accept responsibility for goods sold by Avocet Hardware Ltd/Avocet Hardware in Administration Ltd.